KOSI.MA, the competence center for sexually transmitted infections in Mannheim, is an offer for all citizens who have questions about the subject of HIV / AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Questions we can offer support with could be:
- How can I protect myself from sexually transmitted infections such as HIV, chlamydia, syphilis or hepatitis?
- Did I have a risk situation during sex?
- I am HIV positive - what happens next?
- Who should I tell about my infection?
- Will my relationships be affected by my infection?
You can reach us via phone (except on public holidays) on:
Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
No matter what sexual orientation or identity - you are welcome!
Vaccines for MPOX are available in Mannheim and the surrounding areas. You can find information about MPX, symptoms, prevention and therapy on this page by IWWIT or contact us for free counseling.
If you suspect having been exposed to a risk of infection, you can be tested at the checkpoint. We offer a detailed and non-judgemental consultation before getting tested which promotes a more conscious health behavior. The consultation and testing is confidential. Due to Covid-19 security measures you have to make an appointment for the checkpoint though.
28th of February 2024, 06:00-07:30 pm / fully booked
14th of March 2024, 06:00-07:30 pm / please make an appoinment on the 5th of March
Appointments can be made via phone (see number and calling times above). Please note that appointments can't be made any earlier than one week before the Checkpoint date.
1. Before the checkpoint:
- Make an appointment via phone
- Come 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment. If you are late, the appointment might have to be canceled
- If you show symptoms of a cold, please cancel / postpone the appointment
2. During the checkpoint:
- Check-in and check-out at the reception
- Fill out our anonymous survey
- You can discuss questions and the best testing strategy with our counselors in private
3. After the checkpoint:
- Call in for the results on Thursday the following week
Here you can find a selection of other test options in the Rhine-Neckar region.
Information about HIV/AIDS and STIs
You can find information about HIV and STIs in multiple languages under the following links:
Deutsche Aidshilfe (German & English)
Zanzu (German, Dutch, English, French, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Farsi, Bulgarian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish and Albanian)
Note: If you have a Gmail or Googlemail address, our emails will likely end up in your spam folder. This is due to algorithms of the email providers which is why we cannot change this error at the moment. Please check your spam folder for our answer if you have a Gmail or Googlemail address.